Sunday 7 December 2014

Fatal Attraction

Something i could go without ever watching again.
A better than mediocre film but not good enough to be 'good'. Michael Douglas stars with Glenn Close in a film that basically reinforces the point that having an affair is stupid.
Glenn Close plays the psychopath lover that tries to kill herself many times to stop Michael Douglas going back to his wife and family.
Because this isn't an action film, there isn't much to say about the way in which it was filmed. No helicopter shots or panoramic views, just life in the city.
I liked the acting and to an extent i liked the issue.What i didn't like was the character of the psychopath lover on the side. I mean i get that some women can be totally jealous and possessive but not all of them are going to kidnap the mans child, attack the wife and then break into his house and kill themselves in front of the wife. To me it seemed incredibly dramatic (and put me off my food).
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this film. I always am but the world doesn't seem to respond so i feel like i am talking to the dead!
leave a comment or for those of you that come to this blog via twitter feel free to message me on twitter.
This is only a review based on my opinion, if Esther had been following this as well then i would have someone to argue with but she hasn't so i am left on my own.
Most importantly, the point of this is to encourage people to watch movies that they haven't seen, movies that were made way before they were born. Broaden your horizons (as my sister would say).

No comments:

Post a Comment