Saturday 7 November 2015

Lost in Translation.

Had a copy of this film in my house for years and never watched it.

It's a little weird, kinda like... what's the point? It doesn't come across as a pointless film. I didn't sit there going WTF? But I still had to think back at the end and go... well okay, it's over, what was the actual point of that film?

Scarlet Johansson does not look good with pink hair.

The whole point of it is that going to a different country and not speaking the language makes everything difficult but I personally don't feel that that idea is enough to make a film on.
I liked Bill Murray in Ghostbusters and that really was his breaking moment, nothing he has done since then has been as good and he just doesn't have it. I don't know what it is that he doesn't have exactly, I don't get the same feeling about him as i do about Pierce Brosnan or Johnny Depp if they were to play his part in this film. The lonely older man takes a certain quality to produce and he just doesn't have it.

The scenery is wonderful but location isn't enough to make it a good film. I would suggest that it isn't something that you must see. It is not likely to impact your life in one way or another by watching this film so don't bother wasting the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment