Thursday 1 January 2015

RED 2

Kicking off the year with a bit of pure comedy.

The first one was on the challenge last year and this year I decided to kick things off with RED 2 to make me laugh.
With the acquisition of Anthony Hopkins, who is of course an acting legend and genius and the rather sad loss of Karl Urban things looked perfectly balanced for another hilarious film. That was what i was expecting and I wasn't let down.
Needless to say, I loved it!
I laughed a lot.
The plot was a little obvious but i guess that's what you expect when you put a bunch of actors such as Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis and John Malkovic together with a somewhat silly plot to work with.

Speed driving and some awesome stunts just reminded me of how things can still be done in film. Not overdone with technology and not loads of prancing and spinning, just pure martial arts and some great driving scenes. It would be far-fetched to state that there was nothing slightly unrealistic about it but everyone knows that with machine guns you just have to take the chance and have overkill on them before anyone gets hit, if anyone gets hit. We'll give them that one as it seems to be a law in film making.
Katherine Zeta Jones stepped up trying to play a russian but that was never really going to work, fortunately for her she wasn't a major role. Likeable and minor enough to pull it off. Of course the show was really stolen by the headlining cast and Mr Hopkins but I will hand it to the latest addition in the cast who was a contract killer. I haven't written his name because I can't spell it and I would love to mention the man that starred in V for Vendetta as Mr Creedy. Although we don't always realise it, films like this are cast full of famous people that we kinder recognise without realising.
Not the film of the year but a lovely one nonetheless and definitely a family film for all.

Lovely way to start off the year.
Back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment