Tuesday 11 August 2015

Kick-Ass 2

I know that this wasn't on the list but it is now and as i have said, the list feels shorter this year and so I am posting about new films that I watch as I go along as well.

I could never make up my mind about Kick- Ass. I haven't read the graphic novel but in a way it seemed like it was trying too hard. Let's take a look at Captain America; he is a guy that had injections to make him super strong and be able to vault gates but even so, he doesn't have super powers in the same way that Thor or Superman does, he was just a lucky guy that had a bit of help from science.
Kick- Ass is trying to hard. The films were violent, too violent. I can't actually put my finger on what it is that almost puts me off watching them but there is something. I guess that in a way, when we are dealing with super heroes, we expect a certain level of violence but normally the violence doesn't look as 'gory' as it does in the Kick-Ass films. Personally, I got the feel that there was too much violence, I actually felt like the whole plot of Kick-Ass as a entity was just to beat up people and kill people.
I like what they are going for in this idea that sometimes you actually have to kill people instead of this idea that we can get from super heroes like Batman that traditionally never use guns of even kill people.

Kick-Ass was probably one of my least favourite films in my collection of comic books and graphic novel films and Kick-Ass 2 has probably taken over that spot. It wasn't a bad film but it just didn't work for me, it seemed like there wasn't very much to work with and even less to produce.

If they make a Kick-Ass 3 then I will not be rushing to watch it in the cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment