Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Grand Budapest Hotel

So today I decided to try and go from something a little more modern and I went back to a film that won many awards and most importantly, a film that i managed to completely miss in the cinema.

I know that Ralph Fiennes also featured in Red Dragon and I do try and avoid watching films with the same actors in (i know that readers can laugh at that statement because of Liam Neeson but I do try).

This is a film about a guy that is framed for murder and tries to clear his name. The way that this film is narrated is almost as good as into the woods. The use of several voices as the narrator is clever and links everything together and personally, I am a huge fan of it.
Ralph Fiennes leads the line in this film and does it perfectly. I think that Skyfall is the only film that I have seen in which Ralph Fiennes isn't evil... until now. In this film he was not evil, he got to show his class and abilities. The stereotype was thrown off in this film and he was revealed in all his glory. With this film i felt like he had been hiding another personality and he had finally unchained it and allowed the world to see what he is truly capable of!

The support from Jude Law was lovely. Almost a background feature but without him there would have been  a struggle to make the film flow.

I know that there are so many other people that should be mentioned in this film but i am far too tired to go and look up their names and then spell them accurately and for that I apologise. Fiennes assistant (lobby boy) in the film was sublime.

Location was perfect, filming was perfect and there was not a single moment that i wanted to cry over or sit there and role my eyes at. Everything was perfect in this film. This film is quality at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment