Monday 31 August 2015

The Theory of Everything.

'A Physicist can't allow his calculations to be muddled by a supernatural creation'. Probably one of the best quotes in the entire film and very accurate for most top class physicists out there.

When I saw Les Miserables (the film with Hugh Jackman), I wasn't sure about Eddie Redmayne. I liked his voice but i wasn't convinced by his acting as Marius, now I am thoroughly convinced by him as an actor and I am slightly happy that he won the award for best actor. There will always be a debate about whether he deserved it more than Benedict Cumberbatch for his role as Alan Turing in 'The Imitation Game'. I loved Benedict Cumberbatch in that role and just because this film took home all the awards that the Imitation game would have otherwise won, I had to determine for myself whether it was justly done. I think that in the end, overall, it was a fair result. Redmayne really showcased his talent in this film, he produced something of a ridiculously high standard for upcoming actors to reach. It was like he took the high jump world record and moved it two meters higher, the Imitation game was close but not close enough.
This was a really moving performance from Redmayne that really cut into you and made me have to fight to hold back a tear at times. It was almost perfect on every level.

Felicity Jones was sensational! Previously I had only seen her in Chalet Girl and although I loved that film, her role in this film was utterly different to the one in Chalet Girl, more elegant and in a way a stronger character. I think that what I liked the most was that she got a chance to become emotional and show some characteristics of her side of the story. I am not a expert on the Hawking's family life but I know that they divorced each other and that in the end it was too much for her and they had to separate. I really don't understand why she didn't win the award for this film, she was strong, moving, captivating, she was everything that you wanted to see and I feel for her because really, in all the hype and build up to this film and awards, she was hardly mentioned. Stephen Hawking would not have lived this long without her and her determination.

I know that there are people that I haven't mentioned and I am sorry for that. I have said that the film was almost perfect on ever level and I don't believe that anything can be perfect so this is the highest praise that any film will ever get from me. Everyone was fantastic and really helped to make this film worthy of every award that it received. There is no film without the help and foundations from the supporting actors and cast.


No comments:

Post a Comment